Personal Injury Cases and Related Practice Areas
First, get medical help right away. Call 911 or ask someone to call for an ambulance, if needed, and ask the police to come to the scene to write a traffic accident report. Emergency workers may come to the scene and take you to the hospital that is closest. If you have a choice, choose to go to the emergency room so you can get help right away. If you are still in pain or have other symptoms after your accident, don’t wait to go to the hospital or your primary care doctor.
Second, if you can, get all the information you need about the people involved in the accident. This includes insurance information, driver’s licenses, and how to get in touch with witnesses. Take pictures of the accident scene, the other cars, and your injuries. If the police come to the scene, don’t say you’re at fault to them until our firm has finished its investigation. Get in touch with the police department and ask for a copy of the incident report. If you can’t, we’ll be happy to do it for you.
Third, call us right away at our phone no for a free consultation about your accident and injury.
If you’ve been hurt in an accident, you should talk to a strong law firm that has handled personal injury claims before. Don’t talk to anyone else about your case until you’ve talked to a lawyer, especially anyone from the other party’s insurance company. The Regal Attorney Firm has been taking care of and winning thousands of personal injury cases for over 30 years. Call the Regal Attorney Firm at for a free case review and consultation.
Everything about your accident, such as a Traffic Collision Report, photos of the scene, vehicles, and/or injuries, insurance and contact information for all parties and witnesses, medical records and bills related to your treatment, and anything else. Don’t worry if you don’t know all of these things. The Regal Attorney Firm has investigators and a lot of other tools to gather all the information you need to make sure you have the best case possible.
If the person who caused your accident didn’t have valid liability insurance, you may still be able to get money from your own insurance through uninsured motorist coverage (UM) or underinsured motorist coverage (UIM) (UIM). UM and UIM are optional coverages that you can buy to protect yourself if an accident is caused by someone who isn’t insured or isn’t insured enough. Importantly, there may be other parties to blame that the average person doesn’t know about, like a defect in the car or a problem with how the government designed the road. That’s why you should call us for a free consultation.
It’s hard to know how much your case is worth right after an accident. There are many things that affect a case’s value, such as the severity of your injuries, the at-fault party’s insurance liability limits, the percentage of fault for each party, the insurance company’s evaluation policy, the defense law firm’s skill or lack of skill at trial, your law firm’s reputation for winning big trial verdicts, and many more. This is why it’s important to call us for a free consultation.
Your recovery might not be very good. Under Proposition 213, a law in California, a driver must have valid car liability insurance. If you were in an accident and didn’t have valid liability insurance, you may only be able to get your “economic damages” back. Some examples are medical bills and property damage. You might not be able to get “non-economic damages,” though. These include things like your pain and suffering, the trouble an accident causes, physical injury and disfigurement, and other types of damage. Call us for a free consultation.
For people 18 and older, the time limit for filing a personal injury claim in California is two years. If you don’t file a lawsuit within two years of your accident, you may lose your right to get paid for your claims. The two-year rule has important exceptions, like claims for minors or claims against a government entity. A claim against a government agency must be filed within six (6) months of the incident. If the government agency at fault rejects the claim, a lawsuit must be filed within six (6) months of that. These details and exceptions could make or break your case, so you should call us right away for a free consultation with an experienced lawyer.
California uses the comparative fault model. This means that the amount you can get back from an accident depends on how much you were at fault, but you can still get money back even if you were partly to blame. For instance, if you were 25% to blame for an accident and the other driver was 75% to blame, you are entitled to 75% of your damages. Call us right now to talk to someone for free.